Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear President Obama,


I feel betrayed, and I want to tell you about it.


I've written to you, but you never respond.


Sure. I know thousands and thousands of people write to you every day. Maybe you should try reading some of the letters?


I have a bone to pick with you, President Obama.


You lied to us. You told us we mattered to you. You told us we could change things. You said you would fight for us. But none of it was true. You used us and then you tossed us aside.


And then you said that we just don't understand all the things you've done for us. Oh, we understand, all right. We understand privatized gains and socialized losses. We understand useless health care legislation that won't even take effect for years. We understand that the banks are just getting more and more powerful thanks to you. You've made it clear to us all that you don't care about the people any longer. That all you wanted was to get elected. That now since you are powerful, you've moved on to richer friends. And most of all? We understand that we didn't get the FDR we voted for. We got an empty suit with empty promises. All we wanted was for you to fight for us and to lead us. We didn't expect everything to work out; it never does completely work out. But you didn't even try. You set about caving in immediately.


That's it for today. I'm tired. I've been working crazy hours to make ends meet so I can feed, clothe and house my family. And it's tiring feeling betrayed all the time.


Sincerely,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment